Pearson are one of the big publishers of business ebooks. For each future ebook we purchase from Pearson, only one person will be able to access it at a time.
What are we doing about it?
- Buying more Library print copies of the most well used Pearson titles as a matter of urgency (where alternative sources have not yet been found).
- Digitising more chapters / book sections (subject to copyright restrictions).
- Lobbying Pearson with other universities to change their licence.
- Working with academics to identify other, less restrictive sources of information for your Resource Lists.
What can you do?
- Be patient! Try the book again later if you can’t get access.
- Download the book to read offline; this frees it up for others to read.
- Try reading other books or journals from your Resource List, or find other sources by searching on Library Search.
- If the book is Recommended for Purchase or Essential reading, consider buying your own copy.