The Hive offers:
- Height adjustable desks
- Step-free access into the building
- Signage in braille
- Lift access to all five levels
- Induction loops – Level Three askalibrarian desk
- Additionally The University has worked with a national disability organisation, DisabledGo, to produce guides which provide detailed information about the facilities on campus such as reception areas, toilets, meeting rooms, libraries, lecture halls, shops, accommodation and more. Accessibility in The Hive.
Within The Hive our staff can help with:
- Accessing print items
- Assisting with issue/return of items
- One member of the team has BSL Level 1
- Loan of coloured overlays for students with dyslexia (from Level Three askalibrarian desk)
For specific academic enquiries the askalibrarian desk on Level Three is staffed from 10am - 7pm Monday to Friday and 10am - 5pm Saturdays.
Within Library Services there is a small team of staff who can help with various accessibility issues. Our Additional Needs team can offer:
- 1-2-1 tours of The Hive
- A resources audit to find out what you’ll need, in what format and what equipment you currently have
- Training to use the assistive technology software provided by Library Services
- Private study space – by appointment only
To access any of these services email us on: email@example.com
- Additionally, we provide a Book Delivery Service; this is where library book deliveries from The Hive to the Peirson Centre on St John’s Campus may be possible if you have mobility issues. Visit firstpoint or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a referral. Once you have a referral please fill in the book delivery request form.