Thinking of publishing your research as a book or article? Here are a few things to consider:
- Where to publish: what are the key journals or book publishers in your field? Do you have to follow any requirements from your funding body?
- Open Access: details about the University’s Open Access Publishing Policy and further guidance and support can be found on our Open Access and WRaP (institutional repository) pages.
- Copyright: see our Protecting your work page for more information.
- Peer Review: The Research Information Network has this helpful guide.
- Attend a seminar. The Research School organises sessions on writing for academic journals and the publication process. These are open to anyone; see the Staff Development Workshops on the University’s staff page for details.
- Take a look at Think.Check.Submit. This is a cross-industry campaign will help you understand your options and the key criteria to check before making an informed decision about where to submit your work.
- Thinking of publishing under gold open access? You can apply for funding to cover the fee. Staff can apply through the staff page. Click on Open Access Funding under Your Online Services. Research students should contact John-Paul Wilson.