We are rolling over Resource Lists (Talis Aspire) at 4pm on Friday 5th May for the 2017/2018 academic year. This is where we take your 2016/17 list and copy it to the new academic year. Do not make any changes to your lists from the above date and time until you have been notified rollover is complete.
After rollover the new 2017/18 list will be available in draft and should be sent for review and published by 1st August for Semester 1 so that new items can be ordered in time.
What do I need to do now?
· Ensure all your current 2016/17 lists are published. Anything in draft will not be rolled over, though Library Services will endeavour to do a final check to catch anything.
· Do not make copies of your new list and attach to the new academic year – this is automatically done for you.
· Do not make any changes to your lists from 4pm on Friday 5th May until rollover is complete (maximum rollover time is 48 hours). You will receive an email to confirm rollover has completed.
What do I do after rollover?
· After rollover, go to Resource Lists and log-in. You cannot see your new draft list unless you are logged in.
· Find your 2017/18 list and add to My Lists. (We recommend you remove your 2016/17 lists from My Lists when the current academic year is complete).
· In the Edit view of your 2017/18 list, make any needed changes, then press Request Review (so we can order anything necessary) and then press Publish (to make the list visible to students). Please note lists should be updated by 1st August for Semester 1 so that new items can be ordered in time.
· If you will be teaching a module with an existing Resource List and need to change ownership of the list you can do so by clicking Edit and then Assign List Owner, and selecting Assign to me in the pop-up box. You do not need any additional editing rights to make these changes but will need to have created a profile in Talis Aspire.
· If the module lead for 2017/18 is not known at the end of this academic year, then the outgoing module tutor should take responsibility for publishing the rolled over Resource List. The incoming tutor should not change the Recommended for Purchase text, or remove any Essential Reading. They can add Essential and Further Reading and otherwise shape the list structure to suit their teaching.
Is that it?
· Yes, except for making any necessary changes to URLs in your module guides or handbooks. The URL should be in the format http://resourcelists.worc.ac.uk/search.html?q=ABCD1234, where ABCD1234 is your module code
· The new Resource List will automatically be linked into the 2017/18 Blackboard module.
Need any help?
We have webpages with step-by-step guides and videos available on our help pages.
Your Academic Liaison Librarian is also on hand to help you with any enquiries, either via email, over the phone, or visiting you in your office.