Thank you for your continued engagement with Resource Lists to support your teaching and learning. We are seeing substantial rises in student satisfaction with library services in many subject areas which we believe is directly related to the greatly improved access to reading resources. Please note and act upon the following important information which will ensure that your students have timely access next semester.
We are rolling over Resource Lists (Talis Aspire) at 4pm on Friday 10th May for the 2019/20 academic year. This is where we take your 2018/19 list and copy it to the new academic year. Do not make any changes to your lists from the above date and time until you have been notified rollover is complete.
Now - 9th May
- Publish your 18/19 Resource Lists
10th May until notified
- Rollover- Do not edit or make changes to your lists during this time
Mid May - 1 August
- Log in, check and edit your 19/20 lists
- Request review and publish Semester 1 lists
- Update Resource List urls in your module guides or handbooks
What do I need to do now?
- Publish all your 2018/19 lists. Draft lists will not be rolled over, though Library Services will endeavour to do a final check to catch anything.
- Do not make copies of your lists and attach to the new academic year– this is automatically done for you.
- Do not make any changes to your lists from 4pm on Friday 10th May until rollover is complete (maximum rollover time is 48 hours). You will receive an email to confirm rollover has completed.
What do I do after rollover?
- Go to http://resourcelists.worc.ac.uk and log-in to search for your draft lists.
- Find your 2019/20 draft module lists and add to My Lists. (We recommend you remove your 2018/19 lists from My Lists when the current academic year is complete).
- In the Edit view of your 2019/20 list, make any needed changes, then click Request Review (so we can order your required books) followed by Publish (to make the list visible to students). These actions should be taken by 1st August for Semester 1 so new items can be ordered in time.
- If you need to change the named owner of the list and are unsure how to do this your Academic Liaison Librarian can advise.
- If the module lead for 2019/20 is not known at the end of this academic year, then the outgoing module tutor or course leader should take responsibility for publishing the rolled over Resource List. The incoming tutor should not change the Recommended for student purchase text, or remove Essential Reading. They can add Essential and Further Reading and otherwise shape the list structure to suit their teaching.
- Teaching a brand new module with no list on the system? You’ll need to create one. Not sure how? Get in touch with your Academic Liaison Librarian and see this quick video tutorial.
- Update URLs in your module guides or handbooks. The URL should be in the format http://resourcelists.worc.ac.uk/search.html?q=ABCD1234, where ABCD1234 is your module code
- The new published Resource List will be linked into the 2019/20 Blackboard module once available where it can be saved or changed.
Need any help?
- Our webpages with step-by-step guides and videos on managing Resource Lists are available here
- Your Academic Liaison Librarian is also on hand to help you with any enquiries, either via email, over the phone, or visiting you in your office.