The Library of the Worcestershire Archaeological Society (WAS) is housed at the University. The collection comprises of rare books, research materials and newsletters concerning the history and archaeology of the county.
Founded in 1854, WAS promotes the study of archaeology and local history in the county to Society members, researchers, students and the public.
The Society supported this study in two ways: by collecting rare books on the history and archaeology of the county and by publishing its own research materials and newsletters.
Since it began, the Society has published its Transactions, the archaeological journal of record for Worcestershire; reports on archaeological fieldwork and the study of historic buildings; and regular newsletters, all of which also form part of the collection.
The WAS collection can be consulted by both society members and the public.