The Archive and Archaeology Service (also called 'Explore the Past') is home to the Worcestershire Archive and Archaeology Service.
Under their care thousands of archaeological sites, historic buildings and landscapes are recorded and 12 miles of original archives are collected and preserved. These are made available to customers under the guidance of friendly, knowledgeable and experienced staff. All types of research on Worcestershire people and places can be undertaken using the comprehensive resources of the Historic Environment Record and the archive collections.
Explore the Past at The Hive offers:
• An area for consulting original archives, under the guidance of staff
• The facility to talk to archaeologists and access the archaeological record
• A large self-service area for using microform and internet sources
• A local studies and archaeology library
• Printed guidance and information to help you find your way around the archive and archaeology collections
• A conservation room for the repair and preservation of documents
• Prearranged group visits 'behind the scenes'
• A programme of history and archaeology based events and activities for all ages and interests
For more information and opening hours please go to the Archive and Archaeology Service at The Hive website.