As a University of Worcester student or staff member, you can book a Hive meeting room for specific purposes. Our room booking guidelines give more information about acceptable use of these bookable spaces.
If you would like to request a Hive meeting room for any other purpose, please contact Stephanie Jones, The Hive Library Manager.
Room booking guidelines in full
- Practising presentations.
- Student societies. Room hire is free after 5pm or if you are willing to allow public entry to the events. Contact the programming team to find out more.
- You can’t book a meeting room to use for studying, but you can use meeting rooms 1, 7 and 8 if they are free. We also make more meeting rooms available for study during assessment periods.
- Teaching sessions that involve library staff or use library resources.
- Other activities that use the library or archive resources, or the expertise of our staff.
- Recruitment and induction events, including tours.
- Events that are open to the public, such as workshops, small conferences, public consultation and Open Days. The Hive’s Whats On programme is a great way to advertise your event. Please contact the programming team if you’re planning an event that could be included.
- Meetings. Please use the breakout areas on Levels 0 and 2 instead.
- Teaching that doesn't use library or archive resources.
Making a booking
Fee-paying events are charged for room hire. Free events use the meeting rooms for free.
Contact The Hive admin team for information about catering.
How to book
To place a booking or find out about room sizes and features, please see The Hive's space for hire page.