For one-to-one support with using library resources, book an appointment with a Liaison Librarian. Your appointment can last for up to 50 minutes. You may only book one appointment at a time, multiple bookings will be cancelled. For urgent help, email askalibrarian or try our live chat.
What we can do
We can offer help, training and advice to students and staff undertaking research, independent studies, essays or other projects. This may include:
- A basic and advanced look at library and information resources and database features
- How to find appropriate databases and resources for your subject
- An explanation of the principles of literature searching
- Advice on referencing software
- Support with understanding and applying University of Worcester referencing styles in assignments.
What we can’t do
- Conduct your literature searches for you
- Offer qualitative assessment of references found through a literature search
- Write or proof-read your work
- Offer feedback on your work or the mark you receive
- Help with specific research methodology
- Provide ongoing support or tuition
- Give you advice on essay-writing or other study skills. Please see the University's study skills guidance, and other support including the Language Centre and writers-in-residence.
Make an appointment