For one-to-one, online support with using library resources, book an online appointment with a Liaison Librarian. Your online appointment can last for up to 30 minutes and takes place on MS Teams. You will be sent a link via email, so please make sure you enter your email address correctly when booking. You can book a maximum of one appointment in a month. If you need more assistance and are unable to book it online, please email your Academic Liaison Librarian directly.
contact the Liaison Librarians for your subject directly.
If you need an in person appointment, please
For quick queries, email askalibrarian or try our live chat.
What we can do
We can offer help, training and advice to students and staff undertaking research, independent studies, essays or other projects. This may include:
- A basic and advanced look at library and information resources and database features
- How to find appropriate databases and resources for your subject
- An explanation of the principles of literature searching
- Advice on referencing software
- Support with understanding and applying University of Worcester referencing styles in assignments.
What we can’t do
- Conduct your literature searches for you
- Offer qualitative assessment of references found through a literature search
- Write or proof-read your work
- Offer feedback on your work or the mark you receive
- Help with specific research methodology
- Provide ongoing support or tuition
- Give you advice on essay-writing or other study skills. Please see the University's study skills guidance, and other support including the Centre for Academic English and Skills and writers-in-residence.
Make an online appointment