The Hive offers:
Within The Hive our staff can help with:
- Accessing print items
- Assisting with issue/return of items
- One member of the team has BSL Level 1
- Loaning coloured overlays for students with dyslexia from the askalibrarian helpdesk
- Specific academic enquiries at the askalibrarian helpdesk.
Within Library Services there is a small team of staff who can help with various accessibility issues. Our additional needs team can offer:
- 1-2-1 tours of The Hive
- A resources audit to find out what you’ll need, in what format and what equipment you currently have
- Training to use the assistive technology software provided by Library Services
- Private study space, please pre-book
- Book delivery service - if you have mobility issues, we may be able to deliver books to the Peirson Centre on St John’s Campus. Visit firstpoint or contact the disability team for a referral. Once you have a referral please fill in the book delivery request form.